BC Children’s Hospital pediatric intensive care unit is working with Child Health BC to provide rapid access to clinically relevant documents to support the care of acutely ill children. Below is a brief list of clinical resources, which may be relevant for providers caring for patients with respiratory illnesses. Further development of pediatric critical care resources are underway.
These resources are for reference purposes only. Please consult your health authority leaders for guidance on adoption and use of these resources within your local context.
- BC Children’s Hospital Formulary
- BC Children’s Hospital Continuous Infusion Guidelines
- Low Dose Push Epinephrine (“Spritzer Epi” severe hypotension – non-arrest)
- BC Children’s Hospital Intubation checklist (PAGE 6)
- BC Children’s Hospital Intubation Guideline (Equipment list PAGE 6)
- BC Children’s Hospital High Flow Nasal Prongs Procedure
- CHBC Asthma Urgent Care Practical Summary
- BC Children’s Hospital Continuous Ventolin Nebulization Guideline
- Choosing Wisely Bronchiolitis (Summary Page 6)
- BC Children’s Hospital Bronchiolitis High Flow Nasal Prongs Guideline